Sick of people stealing your beer snacks? Chili is your answer. Here is why.
This post has pictures from a cook up we did for the Recipe: Beef so hot your girlfriend will die.
So picture this
It’s a Sunday afternoon, the sun is shining, you’ve got all your ‘things’ done for the day, for the weekend – and now it’s your time to do whatever the hell you want.
You make a phone call or two, and before you know it you and your pintsmen are selecting your box of beer and some meat from the butcher. You are excited. This is going to be great.
Back at your place, the beer is flowing, and some of the girlfriends have also decided to come over. Cool – the more the merrier. They brought some drinks too and some crappy predictable food (chips etc), whatever, you have amazing BBQ beer snacks.
The hotplate is sizzling, and everyone is very excited about the food. But wait a minute – you didn’t get enough for everyone because you didn’t know.
This scenario can go a few ways here
- You finish cooking and the hot food disappears from the serving plate because people just can’t get enough. That’s great, people like it – but now you’re sitting there eating chips from a bag like a criminal, disappointed.
- You employ a ninja beer snack technique to ensure that the food lasts a long time. And after everyone has had some there will be a good deal left for you and your pintsmen. Ninja technique? Chili.
Why chili is awesome
- Makes everything taste better
- Makes quenching the fire in your face more fun
- After ingesting enough chili, you and your pintsmen will feel the side benefits of a nice chili high
- After putting chili in your body, any little ailment you feel will probably disappear off your radar
- But best of all – if you make it hot enough then you ensure that everyone won’t eat your food.
Step-by-step (in pictures) to make awesome chili beef sticks
How hot can you go? How long until your face is numb?
Get your chili on, make the eyes water, and enjoy the wonderful experience of trying to break your taste buds!
Side note: Ditch the wooden skewers from your life – they are just not worth the hassle. Upgrade to bamboo, like these ones here. You can pick them up from any reasonable catering supplies business. They are resistant to burning, they don’t need soaking, food doesn’t stick to them, and plus they look cool. We bought a giant box of them and it has lasted us a long time. Well worth the investment.
So – what are your thoughts on crazy hot chili snacks? Love chili? What’s your go to snack that most people think is ‘too hot to handle?” Cheers – Pat
Check here for the full Recipe: Beef so hot your girlfriend will die1 like this. Pintsmen - hit the thumbs up!