These chicken tenderloins are always a hit, and guests are shocked when I reveal simplicity of both the seasoning, and the method.
- 500g (1lb) quality chicken tenderloin
- olive oil
- 1 lemon
- chicken salt
- Get your hot plate ready, clean and medium heat
- Give each tenderloin a shake of seasoning on both sides, and oil. To make sure I cover all the surface area, I will often shake some seasoning a plastic freezer or ziploc bag and place a row of tenderloins on top. Then a line or two of oil, shake some more seasoning, and then more tenderloins, repeat until all done. Close the bag and shake/move to mix. These are going to be a little saltier than you probably usually have chicken tenderloins but the flavor will be rich and the perfect accompaniment for your beers.
- If you have time, you can allow the seasoning to 'marinate' the chicken, if longer than 10 mins put it back into the fridge.
- By this time even though the hot plate is set to medium it has probably warmed up even hotter now because there has been nothing on it - perfect. Lay the tenderloins down one at a time, with space around them.
- Don't move them around. Wait. When they are ready the chicken that's touching the hot plate will sear enough to 'lift' off easily. It should also but a nice rich color. No more broken chicken.
- Keep an eye on them, turn and let each side cook only just enough to get the color you want.
- Have a warming plate ready. Place them on here when you think that they are about 3 minutes from perfect. They will keep cooking on the plate.
- While waiting, wedge up the lemon to serve along with it.
- The fresh lemon squeezed on the top really lifts this beer snack
- Beer Snack Almanac all about finding the perfect ingredients to eat, drink and be merry. If you’re interested in improving your skills as a beer loving host then go ahead and download the free eBook The Way Of The Pintsman: 7 Secrets Of Beer Snack Legends.
For further reading on the method used to cook this delicious chicken (and for the rest of the photo’s taken that day) check this article How to cook chicken tenderloins or chicken breast on a BBQ and get it perfect everytime1 like this. Pintsmen - hit the thumbs up!