Mushrooms: Gluten Free? Vegan? No one cares put salt and pepper on them, lay them down on the grill and prepare for nature’s fungus to fancify your taste buds.
Recipe: The Self Saucer – For when the vegetarian comes to visit, bring out the mushrooms
Mushrooms make their own delicious sauce so all you have to do is turn on the grill. So damn easy, it's a crime not to include them in your next cook up.
Write a review
- Huge field mushrooms
- Salt & pepper
- Take a beer and empty half into yourself
- Hotplate on medium heat
- Look at the mushrooms and marvel at just how big they are, feeling slightly inadequate
- Run the mushrooms under water to clean, and pat dry with paper towel
- Place on hotplate top facing up, squash them down to break the stumpy stem (some force may be required, the fungus is strong with these ones) and cook just like that until done (about 5 mins). You won't be turning it back once you flip it so make sure it's done just how you like it.
- When ready, flip. Hit them up with salt and loads of pepper.
- Grab your beer and over the next 5 or so mins watch the magic of the self saucer unfold before your very eyes!
- Slice and dice, plate up, throw down some forks - boom - enjoy kids.
- If for some reason you haven't seasoned enough or just need more flavor hit up the balsamic or if you have it some worcestershire sauce. Mmm damn mmm!
Beer Snack Almanac https://www.beersnackalmanac.com/